There are currently no positions vacant.
We are looking for volunteers to help us welcome 2,000 visitors to the Queen Victoria Women’s Centre during Open House Melbourne on the weekend of 27-28 July, 2013.
- Have a connection to the QVWC
- Have an interest in sharing our fabulous architectural and social history
- Can commit to 1 x 4 hour shift on the weekend of 27 & 28 July 2013
- Can attend a half hour volunteer briefing session (at a mutually convenient time)
Then we need you!
Visitors will experience our ‘self guided tour’ featuring:
- Architectural drawings of the Centre by JJ Clark and our scale model
- ‘Up Close’ images of the Centres hidden detail
- The rooftop terrace – open to the public for the first time since its makeover
- The Victoria Room – styled to represent its original use as a hospital ward, circa 1913 – complete with Lady Superintendent Jane Bell’s nurses uniform – on loan from The Royal Melbourne Hospital!
- The tour will finish with a display of information about the Queen Victoria Women’s Centre today
Download the volunteer recruitment pack with information on the different volunteer roles, a position description and a one page expression of interest form.
Complete your volunteer expression of interest form and email/fax/post/drop it to Alex White by 12 July.