The Queen Victoria Women’s Centre Trust offers a connected and supportive community of women-focused organisations in a unique heritage building.
The building is a hub for women’s issues and ideas and we encourage resident organisations to use the venues within the Centre for events and forums.
Office spaces available
The Queen Victoria Women’s Centre heritage building has two secured office spaces available for lease. The building is located in the heart of Melbourne CBD on Lonsdale St, adjacent to the QV shopping precinct.
The office spaces available are
- Room 1: area of 37.3 sq/m
- Room 2: area of 17.7 sq/m
Each office is equipped with
- Air conditioning
- Natural light
- Wheelchair accessible (ramp and lifts available. Please contact QVWC to discuss dimensions of the office doors)
- Use of a fully equipped kitchen
- Access to a common balcony
- 15 hours free access to venues
Procedure for prospective organisations
Organisations interested in leasing space at the Queen Victoria Women’s Centre should download and complete the Expression of Interest form and return to us. Should space be or become available, a prospective organisation may be asked to provide additional information to enable the Trust to assess a leasing request.
In assessing expressions of interest for lease the Trust will take the following into consideration:
- The mission and activities of the prospective organisaion; preference will be given to organisations that are women-focused
- The potential contribution to the Centre’s community, the mix of services at the Centre and the objectives of the Trust, which are outlined below
- The balance of not-for-profit and for-profit organisations within the Centre (in keeping with the Trust’s functions, a majority of tenants are not-for-profit organisations)
- Financial viability
- Reference checks from previous lessors
Expression of Interest Form (as at Apr 2011)