The Queen Victoria Women’s Centre is both a not-for-profit organisation and heritage building located at 210 Lonsdale Street in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD.
In 1912 the foundation stone for the new Melbourne Hospital building was laid in Lonsdale Street. Designed by father-and-son architectural team JJ and EJ Clark, the purpose built ‘pavilion’ hospital filled the entire city block bound by Swanston, Lonsdale, Russell and Little Lonsdale Streets. read more
Queen Victoria Women’s Centre Trust
The Trust was established under the Queen Victoria Women’s Centre Trust Act 1994 to govern the Centre, which acts as a statutory authority consistent with the meaning of ‘public body’ in section 3 of the Financial Management Act 1994. The Trust comprises up to 12 members, appointed by the Governor-in-Council on the recommendation of the Minister for Women’s Affairs, to fulfil the following obligations as prescribed by the establishing Act. read more
The building is home to a range of not for profit women’s organisations that offer a range of support and information services to women. Although each organisation is independently run, there is a strong sense of community that is actively fostered within the building. Organisations within the building offer each other reciprocal support and work in collaboration on various projects and programs. read more
The Queen Victoria Women’s Centre offers four convenient, cost effective venue spaces in the beautiful setting of a heritage building. This beautiful historical locale offers the perfect setting for functions of all sizes. Our venues can hold celebratory events, seminars, workshops, exhibitions, board meetings and smaller gatherings. read more
The Queen Victoria Women’s Centre works with women and women’s organisations to respond to the issues and challenges we face in creating the world we want and our place in it. Our programs are underpinned by our commitment to partnership, participation, and purpose. read more